Who we are:
We are Convergent Information Systems, a growing software and services provider, headquartered in Calgary, and with a focus on business innovation in and around the SAP ecosystem. Founded in 2002, we are an SAP design, build and sell partner at the leading edge of user experience design. We help our customers deliver impactful and innovative technology solutions that transform the way they do business.
At ConvergentIS we have a spark - a code, a way we work, a way we behave - and this spark is at the core of our success. It is more than a value statement - it is our culture. Our spark means:
- Performing exceptionally and achieving high standards at every opportunity
- Enabling our customers and our team members
- Being flexible and innovative
- Maintaining a strong alignment with our goals and values
ConvergentIS offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, as well as flexible work arrangements.
Who you are:
You are a successful and experienced sales, customer success or relationship executive, who loves engaging with people and excels at conveying the value of the solutions you offer. You are a likeable, passionate, and driven “people person”, who can develop and cultivate long-lasting relationships, even remotely, and who has an eye for identifying mutual interests and agendas. You are an effective communicator and presenter with established relationships with commercially oriented personas within the SAP organization, including people focused on sales, customer engagement, and customer success, as well as their leadership.
You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where priorities change rapidly.
You are experienced with the SAP ecosystem at a business level, and you can demonstrate the following:
- Deep and broad SAP network and organizational knowledge.
- Familiar with SAP’s value proposition, business challenges and customer opportunities.
- Ability to leverage current contacts to rapidly expand network.
- Ability to build and cultivate relationships across geographical, cultural, and motivational boundaries.
- Creative, consultative, and passionate approach.
- Ability to convey value in a competitive market.
- Love engaging with partners and customers to discuss business.
- Competitive and determined self-starter.
- Authentic and likeable personality.
- Natural curiosity and capacity to learn and grow.
The objective of the role is to broaden and deepen the relationship between ConvergentIS and SAP, and identify shared interests and opportunities, leading to additional revenue generation that can be attributed to individual relationships within SAP and that strengthens our partnership with them. The IT Business Analyst is accountable for working with various stakeholder groups; quality assurance analysts, developers and project managers to ensure quality products are delivered to the business. There must be a desire/willingness to investigate and learn new skills/concepts/tools and be a self-starter.
- Elicit and capture both business and end-user requirements
- Collaborate with business to prioritize requirements
- Collaborate with project team to estimate effort for requirements
- Collaborate with project team to define and prepare captured requirements for development
- Collaborate with project team to ensure project delivery meets business expectations
- Maintain requirements-based priority and estimation
- Facilitate meetings at all levels of the organization
- Proactively communicate potentially critical/political/challenging recommendations
- Present compelling recommendations based on facts and confirmed requirements
- Raise and pursue root problems, and determine solution to resolve issue
- Effectively facilitate third party disputes
- Identify risks and recommend mitigation strategies
- Lead initiatives and act as a change agent (embraces change and helps other to embrace it)
- Build project team respect through open and honest conflict mediation
- Build and maintain relationships with the all-project business stakeholders and partners
- Foster a spirit of creative collaboration to ensure project success
- Actively participate and contribute to business analysis community
- Various other duties as required
- In-depth understanding of the commercial side of the SAP organization.
- In-depth understanding of the SAP marketplace and its future.
- Demonstrated ability to connect with people and understand their objectives and motivations.
- Proven ability to articulate and sell a business vision and value proposition that align on shared interests.
- You are authentic, consultative, and creative in your approach with co-workers, partners, and customers.
- Degree or equivalent in an IT-related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years in a software development environment
- Minimum of 1 year in business analysis
- Working in an Agile software development environment is a strong asset
- Knowledge of standard business process mapping and tools is a strong asset
- Knowledge of Manufacturing and/or Engineering industry is an asset
- Implementation, integration, and enhancement of medium to large-scale 3rd party products is an asset
- Understanding of systems integration in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) is an asset
- Excellent communication (written, oral, and listening)
- Strong creative and analytical thinking abilities
- Strong problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills at various levels of the organization
- Good knowledge of various approaches or technique to properly elicit or confirm requirements
- Good knowledge of various diagramming and modeling techniques
- Good understanding of business processes and rules and they apply to business success
- Outgoing nature with a positive attitude
- Able to acknowledge, embrace, and adapt easily to change
- Work well under pressure to meet specific deadlines
- Deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy, and sincerity
- Able to quickly learn new business and technical concepts
- Comfortable to work in an open, highly collaborative, fast pace, team environment
*Applicants are required to possess the necessary paperwork to legally work in Canada.**Hybrid working environment with both onsite and remote work environment
How can you apply?
Additional open positions at https://www.convergentis.com/careers
While we greatly appreciate everyone that takes the time to apply, only successful candidates will be contacted.