Who we are:
We are Convergent Information Systems, a growing software and services provider, headquartered in Calgary, and with a focus on business innovation in and around the SAP ecosystem. Founded in 2002, we are an SAP design, build and sell partner at the leading edge of user experience design. We help our customers deliver impactful and innovative technology solutions that transform the way they do business.
At ConvergentIS we have a spark - a code, a way we work, a way we behave - and this spark is at the core of our success. It is more than a value statement - it is our culture. Our spark means:
- Performing exceptionally and achieving high standards at every opportunity
- Enabling our customers and our team members
- Being flexible and innovative
- Maintaining a strong alignment with our goals and values
ConvergentIS offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, as well as flexible work arrangements.
Who you are:
Are you passionate about user experience and the customer journey? Would you like the chance to apply your skills in an organization focused on user experience and technology? ConvergentIS is offering the opportunity for an Lead UX Designer to collaborate with our user experience and business process teams to lead design engagements including planning and facilitating Design Thinking workshops to help our clients and design beautifully simple solutions.
This is an opportunity to hone your skills and take the lead in a new and important part of our business strategy. We’re looking for someone who can share their insights on Design Thinking and the customer experience to make our organization more valuable to our clients.
- Lead design engagements and accountable for all design deliverables for client engagements
- Lead discussions with clients once an opportunity has been identified and work with the delivery lead on creating a Statement of Work including estimating design deliverables
- Build trusted relationship status with existing and new customers including manage and developing client relationships as evidenced by positive client feedback and client engagement with repeated business.
- Lead and facilitate both clients and internal teams in project meetings, discussions, and workshops to understand end user needs and project requirements.
- Work with groups of external stakeholders and facilitate Design Thinking workshops.
- Analyze and format data to tell a specific story through infographics and customer journey maps.
- Be willing to learn Figma (if you don’t already know it) – it’s the prototyping software we use. And we build a lot of wireframes and mock-ups for our clients!
- Ability to design and ideate on products from inception with clients and internally on product applications with a focus on creating an exceptional user experience.
- Amalgamate data gathered in workshops; organize and design this data into user stories and create beautiful, informative customer journey maps.
- When needed, create marketing content such as email marketing, blog posts, website updates as it relates to the Design Practice
- Communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process with wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and/or high fidelity prototypes.
- Coordinate and lead team members in the creation of visual designs
- Partner with clients and stakeholders to develop strategic plans and help manage execution of the plan
- Provide thought leadership and coaching to design team to help customers achieve project ROI
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Design, Marketing, Business or similar preferred
- 7+ years of professional experience, ideally in management consulting or innovation management
- Expert-level skills in facilitating workshops and leading teams in requirement gathering
- Must be a great communicator and story-teller, both oral and written
- Excellent ability to think critically to solve client problems
- Experience using Figma and collaboration tools like Miro and Lucid Chart considered a major plus.
What can we offer you?
- A design-focused, customer-centric approach to project delivery.
- A balance of collaboration and independence – we’re here to support your professional development but we also want to give you the opportunity to take the lead.
- The opportunity to learn about a complex business and how Design Thinking and journey mapping supports project implementation.
- A fully-stocked kitchen. We also have a private outdoor patio area complete with BBQ, where we’ve been known to enjoy a very happy hour on a hot summer’s day.
- Nerf guns. You’ll have to bring your own holster, though.
- A beautiful downtown office space in a heritage building.
- Flexible working environment option may be available based on client and organizational needs.
How can you apply?
To apply please email a Cover Letter and Resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, identify the position in the subject line.
While we greatly appreciate everyone that takes the time to apply, only successful candidates will be contacted.