Who we are:
We are Convergent Information Systems, a growing software and services provider, headquartered in Calgary, and with a focus on business innovation in and around the SAP ecosystem. Founded in 2002, we are an SAP design, build and sell partner at the leading edge of user experience design. We help our customers deliver impactful and innovative technology solutions that transform the way they do business.
At ConvergentIS we have a spark - a code, a way we work, a way we behave - and this spark is at the core of our success. It is more than a value statement - it is our culture. Our spark means:
- Performing exceptionally and achieving high standards at every opportunity
- Enabling our customers and our team members
- Being flexible and innovative
- Maintaining a strong alignment with our goals and values
- ConvergentIS offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, as well as flexible work arrangements
Who you are:
An SAP ABAP Development Consultant who has:
- The motor, creativity and passion to design and craft great enterprise software solutions
- The capacity to listen to users and understand the core business problem
- Strong development skills with clear attention to detail and software maintainability
- A sense of pride in their work - a desire to deliver high-quality, well tested solutions
- A large capacity to care about doing the right thing for our clients
- A high likeability factor – the type of person that people want on their team
- Integrity and a straightforward approach to problem resolution
- A sense of humour!
What can we offer you?
- This position will have flexible/remote work arrangements
- An outstanding team to help you learn from the best and who will learn from you
- Variety – opportunities to work on a wide range of projects and business problems
- An environment that is design-focused and uses a customer-centric approach
- An aggressive growth strategy
- Act as the technical expert, ensuring quick turnaround in identifying application issues and providing timely solutions
- Develop detailed plans and accurate estimates for completion of build, system testing and implementation phases of project
- Transform business function requirements into technical program specs to code, test, and debug programs
- Develop, code, document and execute unit tests, systems, integration, and acceptance tests and testing tools for functions of high complexity
- Perform performance tuning to improve performance over multiple functions
- Engage other technical team members in the design, delivery, and deployment of solutions
- Manage operational support, performing work during change windows as well as providing on call support as required by the team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. This includes being an attentive and empathic listener and a persuasive speaker and writer.
- 5+ years of hands-on SAP ABAP/JAVA Development experience
- Strong object orientation experience
- SAP Fiori development experience is desired
- Gateway development
- Strong analytical skills and ability to write technical specifications
- HANA exposure
- The following are considered strong assets: Manufacturing industry experience, HCP or Java experience as well as the ability to write functional specifications
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple deliverables and projects at the same time
- Minimum 3 full life cycle implementations of SAP
- Ability to travel within both Canada and US (candidate must have travel documents)
- SAP Certification preferred
- University Degree is beneficial
How can you apply?
To apply please email a Cover Letter and Resume to us at email@example.com. Please identify the position in the subject line.
While we greatly appreciate everyone that takes the time to apply, only successful candidates will be contacted.