At ConvergentIS we have a spark — a code, the way we work, a way we behave — and it's the core of our team's success. It's more than a value statement: it's our culture. Our spark means:
- Performing exceptionally and achieving high standards at every opportunity
- Enabling our customers and our team members
- Being flexible and innovative
- Maintaining strong alignment with our goals and values
We are a technology company headquartered in Calgary with a strong focus on enhancing the user experience on enterprise systems. In business since 2002 and as an SAP partner, we are at the leading edge of SAP technology and have a tremendous range of opportunities to provide innovative solutions to critical business problems.
What Are We Looking For?
- The motor, creativity, and passion to design and craft great enterprise software solutions.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills. You lead meetings with clear agendas and outcomes, your teams understand their assignments and you listen to and encourage team feedback.
- A high level of accountability. You take pride in delivering on your commitments and take deliberate and intentional steps to ensure that the team is successful.
- The capacity to engage with and listen to organizations and end users and understand core business goals and challenges.
- The ability to see the “big picture” requirements and collaborate with a cross-departmental team to assess what matters now and what can be deferred till later.
- A high likeability factor – the type of person that people trust to care about them, provide clear guidance and support and help them be successful. People want to be on your team!
- An adaptable mindset with the ability to pivot and adjust when circumstances and information change.
- Exhibited resourcefulness in collaborating with cross-department teams to find solutions to project roadblocks.
- A strong attention to detail and a willingness to hold the team accountable to high standards.
- A large capacity to care about doing the right thing for our clients.
- Integrity and a straightforward approach to problem resolution
- A sense of humor!
- Flexible work arrangements
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- An outstanding technical team to help you learn from the best and who will learn from you.
- Variety – opportunities to work on a wide range of projects.
- A design-focused, customer-centric approach to development.
- An aggressive growth strategy
- Provide strategy and mentorship in design thinking, human-centered design, and UI/UX methods.
- Drive process standardization, quality, productivity, and compliance in the COE
- Proactively determine areas for process improvement, improved customer experience, optimization, and efficiency. Introduce or evolve new and innovative initiatives, technology, or work norms in the COE to address the same.
- Lead, manage, develop, and retain employees in the UI/UX team, including UI/UX Specialists and UI/UX Coaches.
- Provide direction to Coaches to develop templates, blueprints, and repeatable processes for engagements, documentation, and deliverables.
- Assign Specialists to projects and support them as required.
- Meet with Specialists and Champions regularly to gather feedback for continuous improvement.
- Become the face of UI/UX, and advocate for UI/UX at the leadership level.
- Actively review KPIs in the UI/UX Scorecard and report to leadership on outcomes
- Set up the decentralized Community of Practice: identify Champions, collect existing artifacts, help define meeting schedules and structure, and communicate roles and responsibilities.
- Develop strong relationships within GIS and the Business Units.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest developments and best practices in the UX industry.
Skills and Qualifications
- 7+ years related UI/UX design experience with 5 years in a managerial or leadership role.
- Proven experience in leading, managing, and motivating a successful team.
- Good influencing skills with the ability to challenge existing norms and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Project management
- Strategic planning
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Critical thinking
- Relationship building
- Ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Process improvement methodologies
- Knowledge of industry standard design tools
- Experience working across different technology platforms such as SAP Fiori and Microsoft Power Apps considered a major plus
- abreast of industry trends and best practices
How to Apply:
To apply please email a Cover Letter and Resume to us at email@example.com, identify the position in the subject line.
While we greatly appreciate everyone who takes the time to apply, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Additional open positions at https://www.convergentis.com/careers
Travel: Occasional requirements to travel the USA, must have travel documents.
Applicants are required to possess the necessary paperwork to legally work in Canada.